This abbey of the Augustinian Canons was founded on a rock cliff high above the Danube in 1410. Under the leadership of Prevost Hieronymus Übelbacher it was modified and baroquized by J. Munggenast, M. Steindl and J. Prandtauer in the first half of the 18th century.
The blue and white tower of the abbey church is a regional landmark. Since it's dissolution by Emperor Joseph II in 1788 it was incorporated into the Augustinian canons of Herzogenburg, to whom it still belongs today.
Image dimensions: 5184 x 3888 pixels